Web Design Questionnaire
This assessment is designed to enhance communications between the designer and our clients. By completing this, you are providing the critical information needed to create your site design.
Copy the information within this page to your email program and fill in the areas requested. Then go to the Quote Request page, and paste in or attach the file to the form that you fill out.
- Name of Company:
- Company Tag Line or slogan:
- Do you have a company logo? If No, do you need one designed?
- Do you have a corporate visual identity (a customized (non-stock) logo and color scheme carried out throughout your office, stationery, business cards, etc.)?I will need any files relevant for the creation of your site, including but not limited to:
- Raw logo file – in .PDF, .PSD, or .PNG is most desired to use for custom designing
- You may send graphics to us in either digitized form or hard copy photos which we will scan. You may affix a PostIt Note to the photo to indicate its caption and which Web page it goes on.
- You may be asked to assist in the choosing of stock photography for your site – you can eliminate the questions later and get your photos ahead of time – there are unlimited places for high-quality, low-cost photography these days.
- What is the nature of your business?: Your Why – Briefly describe your business, products or services:
- Who is your target market or to put it another way, Who are you hoping to reach with your site?
- Do you have an existing website? If so, what is the URL?
- What type of look are you trying to achieve? (e.g. clean, high-tech, conservative, warm, flashy, etc.)
- IMPORTANT: Please list at least 3 URLs (web addresses) of high-quality sites that you like the look of (these do not have to be sites who’s business is similar to yours. It aids us in determining what your design style is.) Please consider layout, colors, navigation, graphics, and typography:
- List the major sections (navigation) that you would like to have on your site:
- Please provide the URLs of competitors’ sites, if possible:
- Do you have any images for use in the design of your site? If not, do you have images, can you offer suggestions of what type of imagery you feel would be most suitable for your website:
DEADLINES AND DELIVERABLES
- By what date would you like to launch your site?
- What is the required breakdown of the files you require us to supply you with on the finalization of your project? (template only i.e. PSD? What type of markup do you prefer?)
Are there any other comments/specific ideas we should keep in mind while designing your project?
That is all we need to get started. Please feel free to give as much or as little of the above information as you see fit, but keep in mind that the more you offer upfront, the less Q&A is required, and the smoother your project will go.
Originally published 2003 © Lori Leach Forster
Last Modified 2/16/2023 (update of links from Wayback pages)